Along with the conveniences and technological advances that we love and have grown dependent upon comes a hoard of environmental toxins which have saturated our soil, water, food, and the air we breathe. Toxins are everywhere around us. One of the major problems with toxins is that you cannot see, taste, smell or feel them, at least not right away. We do not realize that we are being affected until we come down with a chronic illness after years of subtle and constant exposure.
Toxins are just one of the 6 INTERFERENCES TO WELLNESS™ along with structural components, allergies, nutrition, negative emotional patterns and finally electromagnetic interference. Any of these 6 interferences can lead to disease.
A study published in the British Medical Journal estimated that 75% of most cancers are caused by environmental toxins and lifestyle factors. Most estimates indicate that Americans have between 400-800 chemicals stored in their bodies, typically in the fatty tissues. Some of the short and long term effects of these toxins include:
- Neurological disorders ( Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, ADD, Depression, Schizophrenia)
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Hormonal Imbalances (Male/female infertility, premature puberty, underdeveloped gonads, Reproductive disorders, PMS, menopausal symptoms)
- Enzyme dysfunction and altered metabolism
- Fatigue, Headaches, Obesity
- Muscle and Vision problems
- Immune system depression, Allergies, & Asthma, Chemical sensitivities
- Chronic viral infections
A very practical way to avoid these symptoms and at the same time optimize your health is to minimize your toxic exposure. Nearly ALL food products are contaminated with toxic chemicals known as persistent organic pollutants. Buy and eat organic produce and free-range organic foods as much as possible. Avoid eating fish, which is generally contaminated with mercury and PCBs. Avoid all processed foods - they are processed with chemicals! And avoid using all artificial food additives of any kind including artificial sweeteners and MSG. If you have "silver" dental fillings, have them removed by a biological dentist as this is a major source of mercury. Use natural cleaning products in your home and natural toiletries on your body. Avoid using air fresheners, dryer sheets and fabric softener. These tips alone will significantly reduce your toxic exposure.
The process of detoxification often requires a multi-faceted approach with the first step being that of identifying the toxic substances within the system. This is easily accomplished at our wellness center where we may utilize blood and/or hair analysis, along with kinesiological testing.
- Balanced nutritional support is not only essential but it is vital to support the body as it detoxifies. Total Enzymes provide the body with biochemical catalysts necessary for the process of detoxification. Enzymes also aid digestion thereby enhancing your overall nutritional status. Total Probiotics provide the gut with the necessary beneficial bacteria needed to promote bowel health, including the process of elimination which is a major factor in riding the body of toxins. DSF - (De-Stress Formula) is designed to support the body as it attempts to handle all the stress we put on it, including toxin stress. Come into our wellness center so that we can assess your requirements for other nutrients specific to your unique needs, possibly including support for the male/female hormone system, immune support, and specific organ support.
- Nutritional detoxification is a common method of detoxification utilizing supplements designed to facilitate the process of toxic elimination. Frequently used supplements include the use of a Total Homeopathic to release specific toxic substances from storage in the fatty tissues. This process is always complimented by the use of an essential fatty acid such as Super EPA or Total Flaxseed, which binds to the toxin and allows it to be eliminated from the system. Many toxins are fat soluble (dissolved in oil) which makes Super EPA an excellent choice for the prevention of toxic build up along with all its significant other health benefits. We may suggest Total Liver D-Tox and Total Chelate to further detoxify the system.
- The Energy Balance Foot Bath is a powerful method of detoxification. A series of at least 10 treatments will be needed to balance the body's systems and pull toxins directly from the body. Often times the foot bath treatments are complimented with the Erchonia Low Level Laser. Laser therapy is used to further enhance the detoxification process by triggering the release of toxic substances from storage in the body.